Sunday, October 30, 2016

Review: Marrow

Marrow Marrow by Tarryn Fisher
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


“People will ignore every warning sign when blinded by their thirst for something. It’s better to not be thirsty.”

“You have to be willing to be happy. Despite the mess of your life—just accept what’s happened, throw away your ideals, and create a new map of happiness to follow.”

“Be bold about your right to be loved.”


Marrow is real, dark and haunting. It's nice to escape into fiction and forget about the world around us, but this isn't the book for escape. It reminds you how cruel humans can be, and how many people suffer silently from their cruelty.

Margo was born and raised in the Bone, where drug dealers, meth addicts, whores and ex-convicts reside. As the daughter of an addict and a whore she somehow manages to be oddly optimistic. She befriends Judah who is wheelchair bound and the two of them make plans to leave. When a young girl from their neighborhood is murdered, Margo is determined to find the killer. The answers she finds changes her. Maybe she would have always turned out that way, or maybe it was the combination of too many terrible things happening at once. I wanted to hate what Margo became but I inwardly cheered her on. I guess that makes me a bit twisted myself.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment