Thursday, November 10, 2016

Review: Curse on the Land

Curse on the Land Curse on the Land by Faith Hunter
My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Curse on the land is book two in the Soulwood series, which is a spinoff of the Jane Yellowrock series. I'm not sure if my mind was just preoccupied lately, or if book two didn't live up to my expectations. It took me days to finish this book and I almost had to force myself to get through it. I hate that because book one of the Soulwood series was a solid four, and the JY series is one of my favorites.

Nell is back from the Academy, and working under probation as Unit 18's newest member. As the newest member of this government agency she now has access to information, she hadn't been privy to as only a consultant. Their newest assignment is determining what or who caused the disturbance to the land, animals, and people surrounding three key areas. It feels like magic but something is off about it, and Nell's unique tie to the land will be crucial in finding the answers to these questions.

Occam, loving this guy! He is smitten with Nell, and luckily he knows to take it slow so he doesn't scare her off! The facts about the relationship between Rick and Paka come to light, and everyone is left reeling from betrayal. Soul is more present in the last half of the book and she is a good addition if only part time.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment