Sunday, October 9, 2016

Review: Full Measures

Full Measures Full Measures by Rebecca Yarros
My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Obviously, I'm in the minority with Full Measures. All of the reviews and overall ratings are excellent, but it just didn't do it for me. Don't get me wrong, there were a few instances dealing with the loss of Ember's father that got to me. Witnessing the anguish the family suffers when their loved one doesn't come home from war is heartbreaking. On the other hand, the protagonist is naive, and a bit annoying. Her boyfriend is a douchebag and I seriously can't deal with insta-love. Love doesn't happen in 23 pages, that's called lust. Josh and Gus are the two redeeming factors here. Josh is obviously gorgeous because no male lead is ever unattractive, but he's also super sweet without being a pushover.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment