Monday, September 29, 2014

Review: The Cellar


The Cellar
The Cellar by Natasha Preston

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I picked up The Cellar because I needed an actual book to take with me on a trip. It does start a little slow, but once I got into The Cellar, I couldn't put it down until I finished it. The reason I didn't rate it four stars is because I have no desire to continue the series.

At sixteen years old, Summer goes missing. No one in her small town knows what to think, as things like that just don't happen there. They immediately start searching, but when they don't find her, or even a clue, they begin to lose hope. The Cellar is all kinds of twisted, both physically and mentally. At the end of the book I felt extremely anxious, almost as if I was personally witnessing this psycho and his house of horror. As someone who has never experienced such a terrifying situation, I can speculate as to what I think I might do. Being in the situation, as Summer quickly learned, tends to change things. When each decision could possibly have a life or death consequence, the lines are blurred. I can't imagine living through such a terrifying experience. The fact that this happens in real life is unimaginable. There is a reason we have gut feelings, or intuition. It is usually pretty spot on, and it might do us all well to remember that, or at least buy a gun!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment