Monday, September 1, 2014

Review: Ruin and Rising


Ruin and Rising
Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I'm not sure if my taste in books is changing, or if I am just too consumed with other things, but Ruin & Rising didn't do it for me. I enjoyed reading the first two books, and was looking forward to the final book in the series. After almost two weeks, which is practically unheard of, I am finally done. I probably should have just stopped sooner, but it ended well.

After their last run in with the Darkling, Alina and Mal are staying underground with the Apparat. She knows she must recover before the two of them can continue their search for the third, and final amplifier. Living underground with no access to her power is not helping improve her condition at all. Throughout their journey to find the firebird, Alina is hoping that she will also find Nickolai alive. As the only heir to Ravka, he is the key to putting their country back together, if/when they are able to defeat the Darkling. Her duty to her country, and those who consider her a saint, are also the very reason she can never be with the boy she has always loved. Mal is the one constant in Alina's life, but they both know that in order to defeat the Darkling, and revive Ravka, Alina needs an army, and allies.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment