Monday, September 8, 2014

Review: The Beautiful Ashes


The Beautiful Ashes
The Beautiful Ashes by Jeaniene Frost

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I swear Jeaniene Frost can absolutely do no wrong when she writes. I don't know where she got her skills, but I don't think I have ever read one of her books that I didn't enjoy immensely. Don't believe me? Check out my shelf on GoodReads titled JF 5 star. Those are the books she rates as five stars so I know they are good.
The Broken Destiny series is brand new, and has nothing to do with vampires. Ahh I know, I was a little worried too, but not sure why. Frost handles this new genre with ease, and starts what I'm sure will be another favorite series.
All of her life Ivy has been the unfortunate recipient of weird visions. She may see an outdated version of an area on top of the current place, and only knows they are different by the outdated clothing, or decor. Her adopted parents have taken her to many doctors, but nothing has ever cured her. When her sister goes missing, she follows her trail looking for any clues the police might have missed. While searching for answers to her sisters disappearance, she finds more than she bargained for. Not only does she find out where her sister might be, but also that the strange things she sees are actually real, and the alternate vision is not an outdated memory, but another overlapping realm. Her sister is being held in one of the demon realms, and the only person that can help Ivy get her out is Adrian. He may be incredibly strong, and easy on the eyes, but he is fated to betray Ivy, and neither of them want that to happen. Adrian doesn't trust himself to be able to overcome his destiny, and Ivy knows her misplaced trust will probably end up causing her to get hurt. Avoidance may seem like the best solution, but the only way to defeat the demons, and free her sister is by locating a lost relic, and neither of them can find it without the others help.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment