Monday, October 6, 2014

Review: The Sinner's Bargain


The Sinner's Bargain
The Sinner's Bargain by Claire Contreras

My rating: 1 of 5 stars



Meh... I just didn't like it. The Sinner's Bargain was illogical, and a jumbled mess of ideas, none of which made much sense. I have read almost all of Contreras' books, and have given them all 4 or 5 stars, except this one. Books in the general sense do not have to be possible to be good. I read books about vampires, and werewolves, that somehow work. They do have to be logical though. For instance, if I am a criminal mastermind, making the daughter of a debtor work for my brothel to repay a debt, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't just let her walk away with my enemy. (Sometimes enemy?) That's another issue, do Sam & Philip work together, or are they competitors. Do they even like each other? I got the feeling the author wanted to keep the reader guessing about who could be trusted. She did a fantastic job there, because even after finishing the book I still have no idea.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment