Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Review: The Gunslinger

The Gunslinger The Gunslinger by Stephen King
My rating: 2 of 5 stars


"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."


The Gunslinger was recommended to me and I can definitely see the appeal. However, it's just not my thing. It took me forever to finish even though it started out promising. The premise is fascinating, but the writing style makes things too complicated. In King's defense, I almost never enjoy male writers and I have no idea why. The imagery was amazing in some places and so overboard that it bored me in others. I wanted King to just get to the point. It's the same way I feel when I read some of the old classics, yes, it's brilliant; but if I'm not enjoying it, then it's pointless.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment