Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Review: Behind Closed Doors

Behind Closed Doors Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



“I can’t help thinking it’s a shame he’s such a sadistic bastard, because he has wonderful manners.”

“The door opens and he stands in the doorway, my handsome, psychopathic husband.”

I have seen Behind Closed Doors discussed several times in different groups and decided to give it a try. I seriously couldn't put it down until I finished it. It's pretty similar to Gone Girl, just less twisted. It's not so much the surprise at how things happened, or how they played out but the horrible reality of it all that makes you want to get to the end. There isn't a lot of suspense because you know pretty early exactly what's going on, but each page introduces a new horror or the next step towards the end.

Grace and Jack are the ideal couple. They're the beautiful people with everything you could hope to one day have, and everything about them is perfection. Behind closed doors, things are anything but perfect though they will do anything to keep their secrets.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment