Saturday, February 25, 2017

Review: Sweep in Peace

Sweep in Peace Sweep in Peace by Ilona Andrews
My rating: 2 of 5 stars


I didn't even realize until now that a few of the new characters in this second installment come from the author's other series The Edge. It has been seven years since I read that series, but it didn't even click until I read another review where that was pointed out. Knowing that now, after finishing this book makes me wish I hadn't learned of it. It's a stark reminder that all children have great potential, but the reality is usually not what we hope for...

Sweep in Peace picks up with Dina alone at the inn and no word from Sean. She is given an opportunity to host a peace summit between three warring factions, one that every other innkeeper has turned down. Dina is desperate to keep the inn going, and in order to do that, she needs guests. She agrees but has no idea what's really in store for her.

I didn't enjoy Sweep in Peace as much as the first book in this series, and because of that will probably end this series here. There was almost too much going on, too many types of people/creatures, worlds, universes, and problems. It was good enough to finish, just not good enough to continue with the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment