Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Jesus > Religion: Why He Is So Much Better Than Trying Harder, Doing More, and Being Good Enough - Jefferson Bethke


Jesus > Religion: Why He Is So Much Better Than Trying Harder, Doing More, and Being Good Enough
Jesus > Religion: Why He Is So Much Better Than Trying Harder, Doing More, and Being Good Enough by Jefferson Bethke

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


After hearing the epic poem (I think it's a poem?) by Jefferson Bethke on YouTube, I had to look up his book. For years I have had discussions with fellow Christians about the self-righteousness that ultimately turns people away from Jesus. After reading Jesus > Religion, I'm convinced there is a better way. Our job as Christians on earth is not to work, save, retire, die. We are here to show the world his grace, and love to all God's children, not just those we think are deserving. Another plus that was completely new to me is Bethke's take on his relationship with God, and his acceptance. Jesus died for us, there is not a check list of things we must do, buy, say, or show to receive his grace. It is freely given, he chose us, and wants us. We only need to accept.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment