Saturday, June 28, 2014

Making Faces - Amy Harmon


Making Faces
Making Faces by Amy Harmon

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I'm not going to lie, I shed a few tears with Making Faces, which is pretty common so it almost doesn't say anything. Apparently I'm more sensitive than I thought I was, especially when it comes to the underdogs.
Fern has been in love with Ambrose for as long as she can remember, but he is not like her. He's beautiful, popular, and the best wrestler in their school. Fern is small, red-headed, and kind of a dork. Her best friend is her cousin Bailey, and they are inseparable. When Ambrose decides against the wrestling scholarship to Penn State, and instead enlists in the Army, the whole town is shocked. Four of his best friends decide to join him, but he's the only one that returns home. Returning home alone, feeling the guilt of surviving, and no longer looking like anyone remembers, keeps Ambrose feeling bitter. He tries to keep to himself, but the people that love him, especially Fern are determined to be there for him, even if he doesn't want them there.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment