Monday, July 14, 2014

Flat-Out Celeste - Jessica Park


Flat-Out Celeste
Flat-Out Celeste by Jessica Park

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Unfortunately Flat-Out Celeste is the first casualty of my new policy to quit books that I am not enjoying, instead of wasting time trying to suffer through them. I enjoyed the first book, as well as the novella between the two, but Celeste is extremely annoying. I'm not sure if she has always been like that, or if it had something to do with Finn's death, either way I can't take any more of it. First she is an American that speaks like she's a 70 year old British scholar, who has never heard of a contraction. Second, she has the social skills of a 7 year old. I don't care where you were born, or who raised you, but EVERYONE who is a senior in high school knows what a freakin high-five is. I just don't buy it that she has no idea what any of these things mean. Even if she doesn't use the phrase, her parents and brother are normal, and surely they have said them before. I did make it half way, because I hoped it would pick up, but it didn't. If anything it got worse. Since I didn't read it all the way through I didn't give it less than three stars, as it may have been better in the second half, I just won't be around to find out.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment