Sunday, June 15, 2014

Review: The Summer I Turned Pretty


The Summer I Turned Pretty
The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han

My rating: 4 of 5 stars






The Summer I Turned Pretty is a little difficult to rate, and review. Belly (real name Isabel) is annoying, and self-centered, but really aren't most 14/15 year olds? So I think Han did a good job in creating Belly as realistic, even if she did so at the expense of her being well received. Taylor, her bff is even more annoying which helps put Belly's personality in perspective. The rest of the characters, but especially Susannah & Conrad were great.

Belly, her brother Steven, and her mother have spent every summer of her entire life at Susannah's beach house with her two boys Jeremiah & Conrad. Belly has been in love with Conrad her entire life, but it isn't until this summer that he notices her as a girl, and not the annoying tag a long she has always been. Jeremiah has always noticed Belly, but he also knows that Belly only has eyes for Conrad.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment