Sunday, June 15, 2014

Review: Night Road


Night Road
Night Road by Kristin Hannah

My rating: 5 of 5 stars






Night Road has been on my to-read shelf for almost three years. I was recently looking for books for vacation, and noticed this one. I immediately picked it up, and didn't even read the description because I knew it was something I had been meaning to read. So I do have the actual book, (not the e-book) if any local friends are interested. Unfortunately because I didn't read the description before buying, or reading Night Road I felt like a real idiot trying to discreetly wipe my tears at the beach. Doing this while hoping no one noticed the idiot crying over a book, while in one of the most beautiful places on earth..

As far as my review of the book, it was heartbreaking. Kristin Hannah is extremely good at pulling an emotional response for her characters, from the reader. Parts of it made me so angry, and I felt betrayed on Lexi's behalf. On the other hand, I know as a mother that Jude's grief was more urgent than thinking logically.

I would definitely recommend reading, just do so in private with tissues at hand.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment