Monday, April 21, 2014

Review: The Will


The Will
The Will by Kristen Ashley

My rating: 3 of 5 stars






First of all, I love Kristen Ashley & everything she writes. Well.. mostly everything. The Will.. hmm where to start. Josephine (Josie) is annoying as f*ck. At one point I knew if I read the word "alas" one more time, I might lose it. I understand some people were brought up differently, and so they speak differently. Josie wasn't, her grandmother didn't speak that way, which leads me to believe when she started making real money, she started speaking like one of Louisa May Alcott's characters. It was just annoying. Second, someone pointed out the irritating similarity between KA's alpha men. The fact that they all speak like cavemen, with one word answers if you're lucky, and grunts if you aren't. Can men who use full sentences not be manly? I like to think I would have noticed this on my own, and would have been annoyed with it by myself. Since I had already read at least 50 of her books, and didn't recognize this small detail, I think that means I am not very perceptive. Other than that it wasn't bad, just not two of my favorite characters.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment