Saturday, March 22, 2014

Review: The Goldfinch


The Goldfinch
The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt

My rating: 2 of 5 stars






Not quite sure how to rate, or review The Goldfinch. It felt like it took years to reach the end, although some parts were so good I couldn't put it down. At times I would read a whole page, and have no idea what it said. The characters Theo, Boris, Pippa, & Hobbie to name a few all provoke a familiarity, and compassion for their well being. Throughout tragic loss, hopelessness, love, and death all things come full circle. What the overall lesson Tartt was trying to teach, I still have no idea. I could have lived without reading this book, and I'm not sure it was worth the days lost to it. Still it wasn't terrible, and I enjoyed parts of it. I think I'm still a little unsure how I feel about it.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment