Monday, January 23, 2017

Review: Menagerie

Menagerie Menagerie by Rachel Vincent
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


The description of Menagerie already had me captivated, and Vincent did not disappoint. I couldn't put it down once I started reading. Menagerie is an urban fantasy, my favorite genre, with fantasy creatures living in the modern world.

Delilah lives with her boyfriend and works as a bank teller since returning home from college. He gives her tickets to the circus to see the Cryptids, fantastical creature/ human hybrids. Not only are each one of them unique characters, they are amazing in their own right, with mermaids, werewolves, shifters, and oracles, among others. While visiting she unintentionally reveals that she is also not human. After being captured and sold to the circus herself she befriends the other cryptids while searching for her own freedom. I can't wait for book 2 which isn't due out until May :(

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment