Friday, January 27, 2017

Review: City of Demons

City of Demons City of Demons by Richelle Mead
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I started the Georgina Kincaid series almost ten years ago, and while the books are slow in coming out the last few years they're still as fascinating as ever. Funny story, Georgina works in a bookstore with a coffee shop and has an addiction to white chocolate mochas. After seeing them mentioned over and over I decided to give them a try, and they're now my all time favorite Starbucks drink.

Georgina is a succubus, working for the archdemons of hell after selling her soul. She may be the only employee of all the evil that awaits us with any sense of her former humanity left. She's in love with Seth, a human who she refuses to be intimate with in order to avoid stealing his pieces of his soul. When her boss sends her to a sort of demon trial in his place, she realizes that her evil cohorts really care nothing for justice but are instead accepting the best bribe for their vote. While there, those who have cause to sway her opinion, use their influence to affect her relationship with Seth.


***Spoilers***
She eventually does the right thing, and only because of her are two somewhat innocent demons fate spared and the guilty party convicted. She wins a bet with one of them that Seth wouldn't stray, even though he doesn't have the ability to be with her. Prior to the bet, she was granted a few hours with Seth, no soul-sucking consequences, and passes that up to help free the two demons who were initially wrongly convicted. If I had one opportunity only to sleep with the love of my life, I don't know that I would have been so noble.. It was a little unrealistic because she could have taken that opportunity before she had even figured out what happened in the murder, but lost it to prove Seth's commitment to her. I hate that she missed out on that, but I suppose that since this is actually taking place between books two and three that would have messed up the story line.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment