Monday, December 5, 2016

Review: Bullets From The Past

Bullets From The Past Bullets From The Past by Antonio Scotto di Carlo
My rating: 1 of 5 stars




I received a request from the author to read Bullets From The Past. There were a few things I just couldn't get past which prevented me from enjoying this book. First, is the insta-love between two of the characters. I can't even enjoy the progression of the relationship because it's so unrealistic that two people fall in love after knowing each other for a week. In this case, the outcome of that insta-love is a little more realistic. She jumps headfirst into a relationship with a guy she's known a week, and after moving in with him, she learns of a secret he's been keeping. Big surprise that you don't know a lot about the guy you've known a week!! My second issue with this book is the actual surprise.


***Spoiler***

When is raping someone brushed off as if it's not a big deal because he was angry and upset. WTF? The fact that she even considered staying with a guy that she knows is a rapist, because she thinks he's actually a good guy, is unheard of. I guess because she was raped she understands? No, I just can't deal with that part of the story or how it's minimized as a lapse in judgment.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment