Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Review: Pretending to Be Erica

Pretending to Be Erica Pretending to Be Erica by Michelle Painchaud
My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Blah.. I picked this book up because I needed something to read while on vacation. It had been sitting on a shelf for a while, so I decided to give it a try. It wasn't terrible, but it definitely wasn't great. The ending was a bit anticlimactic after the build up that led us there. Violet was adopted by a con man for the sole purpose of pulling off the ultimate heist. She was raised knowing that one day she would become Erica, the missing girl whose parents owned an extremely valuable painting. In a way, I felt a little sorry for her because she came to love the "mother" and friends she made while pretending to be Erica. She'd been raised as a tool and lacked that familial bond she was desperate for. On the other hand, not one character in the entire book made a lasting impression. For that reason, the best I can do is 2 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment