Saturday, May 16, 2015

Review: The Fill-In Boyfriend

The Fill-In Boyfriend The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Though she is only five books in, Kasie West is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. Somehow The Fill-In Boyfriend is able to keep you engaged, while making you laugh, and possibly do a little soul searching. Luckily I didn't give the books description more than a cursory glance, or I may have decided against it. Reading books about teenagers in high school got old after the first few hundred or so. Then again, I guess I could move out of the young adult section... Thoughts for another time.

Gia's boyfriend decides that in the parking lot prior to prom is the best time to break up with her. He is pretty much the definition of a douchebag. That wouldn't be so bad except for her friends don't believe he even exists. Showing up without him will only prove them right, or at least they'll think so. She decides to employ the stranger in the parking lot to be her date, reasoning to herself they can break up tomorrow, and no one will even have to know. Unfortunately the stand in boyfriend is harder to forget than the real one, and if she plans to keep seeing him everyone will know she lied.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment