Sunday, May 31, 2015

Review: Arsen: A Broken Love Story

Arsen: A Broken Love Story Arsen: A Broken Love Story by Mia Asher
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

All of my GR friends rated this book very highly, which is enough for me to pick it up. Unfortunately I just didn't feel the same way. The first 75% was a struggle for me to get through, and I kept finding myself interested in doing anything else to avoid it. I couldn't figure out why everyone loved this book. It could be the cheating that didn't sit well with me, or the fact that I disliked Cathy. It's hard to imagine a husband like Ben who loves Cathy with everything he has, being possibly replaced by Arsen. The last quarter of the book was a bit redeeming however, which is why I rated it 3 stars. As much as I disliked Cathy, my heart broke for the situation that she created. The epilogue makes me think the consequences of her actions will be ongoing, but I hope that isn't the case. I'll quit here, and pretend there is a HEA! :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment