Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Review: The Law of Moses


The Law of Moses
The Law of Moses by Amy Harmon

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



The Law of Moses had only been out a few days, and already it was recommended to me by two people. That was enough for me to move it to the top of my list. I am so glad I did!

After finishing I was completely overwhelmed by the characters, the book, the tragedy, and the love. It was truly an amazing experience as a reader. These kind of books don't come around often, but when they do it reminds me why reading is my favorite pastime. I try to be a little stingy with my five stars, but there was no question when rating this book. Get your tissues ready, because I was a mess.. but the best kind of mess.
I loved everything about the characters, all of them. I loved that Georgia was strong, confident, sassy, and determined to do what it took to get what she wanted. She didn't seem the least bit self conscious about the fact that Moses had basically told her to hit the road. I guess she saw in him something that made her want to fight. Moses, oh he broke my heart. If he were real I would have given him a hug. He needed it, and Georgia was willing to be there for him. The Law of Moses was true to real life though, because we don't always get what we want.


***SPOILERS***
Not only did Georgia & Moses lose one another, but Moses lost his GiGi, the only stable thing in his life. He also lost out on the birth, and short life of his son Eli. Y'all I was bawling like my own kid died. It was heart wrenching what happened to Eli, that Georgia felt responsible, and that Moses missed out on the little time he had. I loved little Eli, and I couldn't help but picture my own boys when they were small. Moses' abilities were completely unexpected. I'm glad Harmon gave that to him, and let us witness the little time he had with Eli.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment