Saturday, August 20, 2016

Review: When She Woke

When She Woke When She Woke by Hillary Jordan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I might be alone in this, but I had to give it 5 stars! When I catch myself grabbing my book in the mornings, so that I can sneak in a few chapters at lunch, I'd say it's pretty good.
Hannah has always felt a bit stifled but remained true to her family, and their beliefs. Well until she had an affair with a married man, got pregnant, and then had an abortion. In this post-apocalyptic world, after the second depression, instead of jails filled with criminals, they are all monochromed. Criminals are injected with a color, that changes based on the severity of your crime, and colors your skin head to toe. Since abortion is illegal, and she refused to out the abortionist, or the father, she will have to remain a Red for 16 years.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment