Thursday, July 28, 2016

Review: The Cuckoo's Calling

The Cuckoo's Calling The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I wouldn't consider this the typical genre of book that I read, but with all the hype surrounding it, I wanted to give it a try. It isn't a fluff read, you need to pay attention, but it's totally worth it. After reading The Cuckoo's Calling, I am thinking about reading Rowling's other books. Yes I know, I'm the only person that hasn't read them.
Cormoran Strike is ex-military, working as a PI. He recently broke up with his fiance, and for now, is sleeping in his office. He lost one of his legs and is the illegitimate son of a famous rock star. If all of that isn't bad enough, he is so far behind on bills, and loans that he has no hope of paying them.
Robin is working temporary jobs while seeking permanent employment. When she gets assigned to Strike as a secretary, she has no idea that he can't pay her, and never asked for a replacement of his last temp.
When a wealthy lawyer, John Bristow, comes to him requesting his service, he is adamant that his sister was murdered and did not commit suicide as the police believe. Strike doesn't believe that it was murder, and tells him up front he doesn't feel right taking his money. John loses his temper, and Strike agrees to take the case.
From that point on, we get a glimpse of how the minds of investigators work.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment