Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Review: Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10

Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10 Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10 by Marcus Luttrell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I am in absolute awe of our military, and the things they endure on our behalf. The atrocities they see and experience can never be adequately put into words. I had to give Lone Survivor four stars because it was written, and because it is a true account of the bravery of our armed forces. The rating does not, however, reflect the writing of the book itself. The author who wrote this book did a very poor job of presenting the battle between the Taliban, and the US Navy Seals. The movie, which I did watch before reading the book, is a gripping narrative of the heroics that took place in the Hindu Kush. Unfortunately, the book is not nearly as mesmerizing and is a little painful at times. There was information in the book that you don't get in the movie, which is why I continued reading until the end. I also love that Marcus Luttrell is a Texan! <3

Favorite quote from the book:
"That rifle had so far fought three separate battles in three different places, been ripped out of my grasp twice, been blown over a cliff by a powerful grenade, fallen almost nine hundred feet down a mountain, and was STILL somehow right next to my outstretched hand. Fluke? Believe what you will. My own faith will remain forever unshaken."
Marcus Luttrell- The Lone Survivor


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment