Friday, June 12, 2015

Review: One Plus One

One Plus One One Plus One by Jojo Moyes
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I enjoyed One Plus One.. It wasn't a five star book, and didn't even live up to it's predecessors, but it did it's job. First I should disclose that I only noticed the price of this book after I had paid for it. Being stuck in an airport terminal calls for drastic measures. I could have read it on my computer, but sometimes there just isn't a replacement for holding the real thing. So was it worth $17, probably not. It took a little too long to get going, but once it did I was committed.

Single mothers often work hard at making everything fine. Giving every bit of themselves to their children, without ever thinking about themselves. Jess is a prime example of selflessness. Her no good husband walked out two years ago, and she has done everything she can to keep her little family together. Her stepson Nicky isn't one of the cool kids, and because of this he suffers the unfortunate fate of being the local bullies favorite target. Her daughter Tanzie is a math whiz, and has been offered an opportunity of a lifetime. Ed Nichols finds himself the unlucky chauffer to his cleaning lady Jess, her goth-like son, and the child prodigy Tanzie. Though he agrees only because he can't find a way to back out, their road trip turns into more than any of them thought possible.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment