Monday, February 23, 2015

Review: Closer to the Edge


Closer to the Edge
Closer to the Edge by T.E. Sivec

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I promise I didn't cry.. Well I tried not to anyway. The fourth and final book in the Playing with Fire series was quite the tearjerker.. I was a little confused when I first started, because I thought maybe I should have remembered some of this from book three, but it's written like that. You will slowly be filled in a little bit along the way, with the final part at the end.

Cole leaves Olivia without an explanation when he is given the opportunity to avenge his friends deaths. As a Navy Seal, he hasn't been able to overcome the guilt he felt losing his brothers in their last mission. Instead of explaining this to Olivia, he tells her not to wait for him. He walks away breaking her heart in the process. What he doesn't know is all of the horror she experienced as he spent nine months on a mission in the Dominican Republic. His family is basically the psychotic portion of a Lifetime movie. Somehow she keeps it all together, until she comes face to face with the man who broke her.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment